Friday, August 29, 2008

To Zine or Not to Zine

I am contemplating starting a zine- a feminist, love your body, radical self-acceptance, political, DIY revolution zine.

I have never sat down and actually constructed a zine and am currently blocked on how to start. I have read all of the "how to zine" "zine 101" blah, blah, blah. Its just- hasn't it been done before? I suppose creating zines is all about individualized, non-corporate media and bringing folks together (which I'm all about) but I'm experiencing those inner creative demons that say "you can't do it!"

Perhaps tonight I will sit down with a cup 'o yerba, my supplies, maybe a little dyke folk and work it all out.

I think this blockage is about working so hard and not MAKING the time necessary to make art. I should really utilize the quiet and essential night hours to make the things that make my heart and soul sing.

Hopefully I will have some goodness up on the Etsy by Monday. One can only hope, though.


See below for an inspiring Storque series:

http://www.etsy.com/storque/search/tags/quit-your-day-job/




Mmmmm.




For the record:

I Took The Handmade Pledge! BuyHandmade.org>






No comments: